Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jazz in June






While we were in Oklahoma we were fortunate enough to enjoy some of the local festivals. A frined we met in the airport George, invited us to Jazz in June. Held at a local park the arts council brings in famous and not so famous jazz musicians to perform for free. Chuck Mangione performed the night we were there. The evening started out so beautiful but as often happens in Oklahoma we hear, a thunderstorm came in and poured for about 10 minutes. Dad and I were able to enjoy some of the local wildlife. It was a great show but the people moved out quickly after the rain. Of course I tried desperately to catch the lightning. This was the best I could do. I included a video of his most well known song. Never really knew who played this. He plays the flugelhorn. Alos an instrument I never knew existed. Funny=)

No comments: