Monday, June 23, 2008

Marina Park



We took a day trip to Marina park last week with our friends Gregory and Adam. The kids had such a good time. They love the beach. I'm not sure if we had the most fun on the zip line, on the beach or on the playground. We packed a picnic after art and had a caravan over. Adam and Gregory had to leave early but we stayed and played until we had to go to our Dr. appointments.

First we played on the zip line. Elle just watched.







Then we played on the beach, digging for sand crabs, exploring the rocks to find treasures, and catching sea creatures. Burke found fish eggs and crabs and Colby made forts with sticks.


Ooo a crab nice catch Burke!

Last we played on the playground equipment swings, slide and sand!!!
Tke me with you bro. Hold on tight!!!

I had an 'aha' Mom moment that day. We were playing on the playground after Gregory and Adam had left and the kids just played and played with me and each other. No fighting, just laughter and smiles. The boys finally figured out how to pump their legs on the swings. They enjoyed jumping off in the air landing on their feet. Elle, climbed the slide like a fiend. I was sitting enjoying my children thinking this is how it is supposed to be. This is so much fun. No rush, no interruption, no competing for attention. I loved it.

1 comment:

Geneva said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm sorry we missed it. :0( My kids love that playground- esp. the zip line.