I made my first attempt at canning last week. Our apricot tree had such a plentiful harvest. Sheral came over and helped me make apricot jam. I looked for directions on the Internet and found a cool web site . It gave me step by step directions to follow with pictures. I had a great time and most of jam turned out perfect. I also made and canned apricot syrup and some apricot pineapple jam- hasn't set up yet. I don't think it is going to. Oh well. I am excited to try to make some orange marmalade and blueberry jam as well.
Being a christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all of the yucky stuff -- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a bright new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Apricot Jam
I made my first attempt at canning last week. Our apricot tree had such a plentiful harvest. Sheral came over and helped me make apricot jam. I looked for directions on the Internet and found a cool web site . It gave me step by step directions to follow with pictures. I had a great time and most of jam turned out perfect. I also made and canned apricot syrup and some apricot pineapple jam- hasn't set up yet. I don't think it is going to. Oh well. I am excited to try to make some orange marmalade and blueberry jam as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh I LOVE making jam! We made blackberry last year and I need to do it again. I am waiting for my parents fruit trees to get bigger so they can produce enough for all sorts of yummy jams. Enjoy!
Homemade jam is the best!!! Do you have an apricot tree? I'm so jealous. yummy!!!
I really want to try this!! Maybe with some of my Mom's!
Post a Comment